Merchandise Manager & Women's Clothing Buyer | Leigh's
What are your top five beauty tips?
- Always remove your makeup at the end of your day—and moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!
- Apply a lip liner to define your lips and prevent streaking.
- Add eyelash extensions to enhance your eyes.
- Use a teeth whitener.
- Employ Velcro rollers to add volume to your hair.
What beauty essentials are always in your bag?
- Chanel CC Cream in #40 Beige | Basically a lightweight foundation with enough coverage and a SPF50.
- YSL Glossy Stain Lip Color in #202 Rouge Splash | It's a year-round color that I love that stays on—even when eating—and doesn't dry your lips.
- Laura Mercier Face Illuminator Powder | This powder is great for highlighting cheekbones and above the brow.
- Trish McEvoy Eye Brightener Pencil in "Shell" | Great for use on the brow and in the corners of the eye to brighten tired eyes.
- Ardell Duralash Medium Black Eyelash Extensions | I do them myself using Ardell Lashtite Clear Adhesive for individual lashes.
What makeup do you splurge on?
I actually spend more money on my skincare than makeup! I just started using the Tata Harper Clarifying Mask—a green, gooey mask that will make your skin glow and is 100 percent natural/nontoxic.
What's your favorite feature about yourself?
I have finally embraced my red hair! As most gingers were, I was teased as a child because I was different. But now I'm OK with it!
When do you feel the most beautiful?
Once again, it's about the hair—I feel the most beautiful when I'm having a good hair day! With fine hair it takes some work to add volume. I'll use mousse from Oribe, a round brush and Velcro rollers.
What is the key to your personal beauty?
Nothing that the beauty experts haven't already stated: a good night's sleep, keeping my skin exfoliated and moisturized, and never leaving the house without my makeup on!
Edited by Sarah Suydam, Staff Writer for West Michigan Woman.