Founder | Girl, Get Your Fight Back Inc. | Rock'n the Runway | Confident Wear Boutique
What are your top five beauty tips?
- Smile. A lot! I've decreased stress in my life with consistent meditation, lots of water and prayer.
- Always wash your face at night before bed. Even if you are tired, moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! I use extra virgin olive oil and aloe vera plant to moisturize and apple cider vinegar as an astringent.
- Use scented perfume oils. I roll or spray some on my body after showering and let my body air-dry. I also mix the oil in with my pure shea butter and apply.
- A good night's rest. I'll drink a cup of Sleepytime tea before bed and use green tea bags nightly for my eyes.
- Detox. I'll do a three-day detox once a quarter to remove unwanted toxins from my body.
What beauty essentials are always in your bag?
- Pure Shea Butter from Smell Good Café
- Tinted lipgloss from NYX and Artistry
- Compact mirror
- Eyebrow pencil
- Burt's Bees Makeup Wipes
- A healthy snack (like almonds)
- Gum or mints and dental floss
What makeup do you splurge on?
I absolutely love lipstick and all the colors! My biggest investment is on natural preventive care products such as lemons, cucumbers, olive oil, aloe vera plant and apple cider vinegar.
What's your favorite feature about yourself?
My confidence! It accentuates my smile, which I love, and brightens the sparkle in my hazel eyes.
When do you feel most beautiful?
When I have just nailed a goal I've set, I feel radiant no matter my outer appearance. I also feel so beautiful when I'm in the company of my husband and we have our "us" time—he just has this way about him that just makes me feel like his superstar! I also feel especially beautiful after I've had a good night's rest.
What is the key to your personal beauty?
First, knowing when to say NO! Second, targeting my inner beauty. I'm intentional about my emotional beauty just as much as I am about my outer beauty. I have some incredible mentors in my life and I intentionally take time to talk with them and listen to their wisdom on how to successfully manage my unavoidable stresses—it's a healthy confidential place to talk, unload and refuel. One of the key things I've learned is that unmanaged stress will age you! I often take time to detox my mind and emotions in addition to my physical body.
Edited by Sarah Suydam, Staff Writer for West Michigan Woman.