Carve out some girl time this fall with these stellar ideas!
1. Coffee Talk. Schedule a quick trip to the coffee shop for a warm drink and a brief catch-up chat.
2. Happy Hour Crowd. Head out straight from work for a drink and appetizers, in a seamless flow from work to friends to home. It’s a little something to look forward to at the end of a long day.
3. Eat and Greet. Be it breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or decadent desserts, find a table and munch and mingle for hours on end—or until the server starts sneering.
4. Shopping Excursion. Find a purpose (new curtains or updating work clothes) or not (window-shopping wherever the breeze takes you) and purchase via the buddy system.
5. Work It Out. To feel good inside and out, hit the gym and sweat it out, with a side of sisterhood.
6. No Agenda Set Up. Go for a leisurely walk or spend an hour talking. Set aside time to connect via phone, Skype, or instant messaging—without time constraints. Chat, vent, complain, discuss, celebrate, and encourage—with plenty of talking and plenty of listening.
7. Movie Night. This could easily be dinner and a movie. Stretch that precious time so you could see a tearjerker or something lighthearted. But sit side by side and share the goodies!
8. Book Club. No eye-rolling allowed! Enjoy great discussions on the book and beyond, with wine, food, and a group of women who have more on the agenda than the cost of diapers.
9. Field Trip. Sign up for a pottery class, head to a local museum, or just go daytrippin’ into a new neighborhood for the hot spots and best-kept secrets. You + Buddy = New Adventure.
10. Girls’ Weekend. The hardest to make happen, this weekend away could be the breath of fresh air you need. Snowy cabin retreat or beach bungalow, as long as your besties are there, it’s slumber party meets free life-coaching.
Get more tips and tricks from the June issue of West Michigan Woman!
Written by Missy Black, freelance writer for West Michigan Woman magazine.