Just in: some bright news for those suffering from sunlight deprivation and the winter blahs. With hundreds of exhibits, the 28th West Michigan Golf Show is returning to DeVos Place in downtown Grand Rapids on February 12-14. Here's a sampling of what makes it the season's "must attend" happening for golfers and wannabes alike:
• Ladies' Night is Friday and offers special events and giveaways just for women. The first 500 women on Friday receive a goodie bag.
• Widely acclaimed for its headliners and free seminars, the Golf Show welcomes Michael Breed, the 2012 National Teacher of the Year and host of the acclaimed The Golf Fix weekly TV series.
• The most popular attraction remains the Treetops Par-3 Challenge where patrons will compete for prizes at a fully landscaped par-3 while raising funds for charity. With a large grandstand nearby, it's also fun just to watch.
• Parents and kids will love the PGA Family Fun Zone where activities include taking a swing at Golfzilla, clinics from The First Tee, and Putt-Putt golf. Plus the latest info on junior golf.
• "Try before you buy" at the demo club area where many top club manufacturers will have the latest equipment for patrons to hit inside the huge hitting net.
• Retail outlets and golf courses will offer an unbeatable shopping experience for clothing, equipment, shoes, accessories and more.
• Travel planners will be busy visiting booths by Sunbelt destinations and Michigan's top golf resorts with their pre-season values and tee times.
Produced by ShowSpan, Inc., the West Michigan Golf Show is sponsored by Treetops Resort, Applied Imaging, Golf Association of Michigan, and the Michigan PGA. For hours, tickets and more information, visit www.westmichigangolfshow.com.