Don't forget the host or hostess gift the next time you're headed to a party. You could go the standard route and grab a bottle of wine, or keep a few hostess-worthy gifts on hand. Here are a few items that do the trick.
- Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, or truffle oil from Old World Olive Press. Pretty much everyone uses olive oil, right? And having a fancy flavor like blood orange isn’t something you’d buy for yourself, but is straight-up lovely as a hostess gift.
- Mercury glass salad serveware from World Market. You just can’t go wrong with mercury glass.
- If you have a bit more time on your hands (or have pre-planned and stored in the freezer), a homemade gift such as this collection of homemade flavored butters from Your Homebased Mom can be delicious (and even stunning!). Pair with a loaf of bread and voila!
- Vacu Vin Wine Saver: Many wine lovers swear by their hand-pump wine vacuums. The tool is perfect for keeping wine drinkable for more than one evening, especially in the case of homes with red and white wine fans.
- Apron from Anthropologie: Granted, this is a bit more personal and may only work well for a good friend. But this is a great gift for someone who truly loves being a hostess!
Get more partygoing and party-planning ideas from Rebecca Lemon, author of the blog This Nest is Best.