Appetizers that leave guests asking for more.
Nut and Fruit Mini Goat Cheese Snowballs
Packing a flavorful punch in a manageable size.
Photo courtesy of Kasie Smith.
- 2 x 8-ounce packages softened cream cheese
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces grated white cheddar cheese
- ½ cup roughly chopped fruit (dried cranberries)
- ½ cup finely chopped nuts (pecans)
- ¼ cup sliced chives
- ½ cup sliced chives
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- ½ cup chopped dried cranberries
- For serving: small pretzel sticks
- Stir together main ingredients in large bowl.
- Prepare small, separate bowls for toppings.
- Scoop golf ball-sized portions and form into balls.
- Roll cheese balls in toppings and insert pretzel stick.
- Refrigerate if not serving immediately.
Courtesy of Kasie Smith, President and Publisher, Serendipity Media.
Wine, butter and garlic are involved? Sign us up!
Photo courtesy of Molly Kopen, Divani.
- 1 pound live mussels (rinsed and de-bearded)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon minced shallot or red onion
- ¼ cup fennel: ¼" dice
- 1 Roma tomato: ¼" dice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add oil, garlic, shallot, cooking until aromatic.
- Add fennel. Continue cooking until slightly softened, but not browned. Add the mussels, tomato, wine and butter. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Cover. Continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes or until mussels open.
- Place mussels in large bowl. Taste cooking liquid, add salt as necessary, and pour over mussels.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve with crusty baguette.
Courtesy of Molly Kopen, Owner, Divani.
Bacon-Wrapped Parmesan Asparagus Bites
Savory and fresh!
- 1 bundle fresh asparagus
- 6 ounces finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces bacon
- Pinch of black pepper and salt
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat to 400 F.
- Rinse and dry asparagus. Slice off bottoms. Cut individual stems in half.
- Toss in olive oil. Sprinkle with black pepper and salt.
- Cut bacon slices in half, lay flat, sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Roll up asparagus pieces in bacon. Place on baking sheet.
- Cook 10 to 12 minutes until bacon is crisp and asparagus is tender, flipping with tongs halfway through.
Courtesy of Sarah Suydam, Staff Writer, West Michigan Woman.