Apply by May 16, 2012 for the Lakeshore ATHENA Scholarship. The recipient of the 2012 scholarship will be recognized at a presentation in September.
- Be a female who has completed at least one year of post secondary education or the equivalent by May 31, 2012
- Be at least 30 years or older
- Be enrolled for the fall semester of 2012 at an accredited four-year, two-year, or technical or vocational program
- Show a commitment to an educational attainment and a professional career
- Live or work in Ottawa, Allegan, or Muskegon Counties
- Have limited financial resources
The Lakeshore ATHENA Scholarship is a cash award given to assist non-traditional women students pursuing advanced training and educational opportunities. The scholarship is part of the Lakeshore ATHENA Award, a collaborative program of the Holland, Muskegon and Grand Haven/Spring Lake/Ferrysburg Chambers of Commerce.