The Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce is hosting Energize Your Business on May 7, 2013, at DeVos Place. The brand-new one-day event is designed to give entrepreneurs, business-owners, and team leaders a chance to dress down and gear up with the latest tips, tools, techniques, and networking for growing their business, revving up their team, and marketing their organization.
“Energize Your Business will provide business owners and executives valuable resources, access to business experts, and peer-to-peer connections to help their organizations prosper,” said Rick Baker, president and CEO, Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce.
Supported by Fifth Third Bank as the Exclusive Event Underwriter and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan as the Signature Event Underwriter, this high-impact day includes three dynamic keynote presentations and nine hard-hitting breakouts tackling business topics.
Topping the day’s list are three nationally known headliners:
- Dick Vitale, sportscaster and motivational speaker
- Rebecca Ryan, founder of Next Generation Consulting
- John Jacobs, co-founder of Life is Good®
Beyond the three keynote speakers, breakout sessions hone in on the take-home lessons to drive business success and ideas that can be implemented right away:
- Learn about organization lifecycles and building the right team from Stephen Phipps, managing director of the Adizes Institute in Annapolis, MD/Washington, D.C.
- Dive into leading and choosing your organizational culture with Barbara Rapaport, organizational effectiveness consultant and founder of Real-time Perspectives, Inc.
- Discover how to develop a brand and think like a startup with Hajj Flemings, digital brand strategist and columnist for BlackEnterprise.com.
- Find out how to save with a healthy workplace from Priority Health workplace wellness expert Kristine Sapak.
- Maximize technology and leverage IT investments with from Carrie Borchers, director of sales at IT Resource, Inc.
And hear tales from the trenches and lessons learned with a panel of successful entrepreneurs sharing their “How I Got Started” stories and facilitated by keynote Rebecca Ryan.
A don’t-miss event for anyone running a business or leading a team, Energize Your Business will get attendees super-charged and launched in the right direction for success. Tickets cost $225 for chamber members, $250 for future members. Dress code is casual/jeans. Visit www.energizeyourbiz.com to register and find session details, speaker bios, and more.
Source: Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce