The power of pint-sized beauty products slipped into a stocking is undeniable. From faux eyelashes, to glitter nail polish, and lip gloss that smells and tastes like confections, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. A chat with Erick Gerson, a professional makeup artist with experience in makeup and airbrush makeup for weddings, fashion, video, and print, has us talking about his favorite product picks worth giving for the holidays.
- Josie Maran Argan Oil. A moisturizer for everyone, this product is perfect for the season’s cool weather. “It makes skin very supple, and you can actually use this in your foundation or hair conditioner to make hair soft.”
- MAC Cosmetics Divine Desire Face Kit. Four products in two soft color palettes include a powder blush, cremesheen lipstick, lip gloss, Technakohl liner, and powder/blush brush. “It’s perfect for somebody that’s young and wants start applying makeup on themselves. It comes with a little bit of everything and it’s basic stuff.”
- Set the Stage Makeup Primer from Whip Hand Cosmetics. Gerson uses this made-with-attitude in Detroit, Michigan, face primer all of the time on clients. “It smoothes lines and wrinkles, and prepares your skin for makeup.”
- Urban Decay Naked Palette. This eye shadow palette offers twelve gorgeous neutrals that Gerson finds are, “basics you need for a natural look to a smoky eye.”
- Philosophy “Kiss Me Tonight” Intense Lip Therapy. Kissable lips owe it all to this ultra-creamy formula. “It’s an instant boost for your lips.”
Whether you are buying for a mature woman or a young girl new to the makeup game, almost every woman uses makeup in some capacity. Here’s a thought: Giving beauty products for the holidays gets a girl ready and all dolled up for the new year.
“It’s a way to stay pretty and be pretty,” said Gerson who thinks it’s exciting to try new products. “A makeup gift to a girl makes them super happy.”
Check out Gerson’s website at www.erickgerson.tk.
Written by: Missy Black is a freelance writer specializing in fashion. One of her favorite fashion interviews was Nigel Barker from America's Next Top Model. Her love of fashion keeps her awake at night, dreaming of cheetah-print flats paired with red skinny jeans and anything lace. Missy lives in the Grand Rapids area, has written horoscopes and restaurant reviews, and enjoys another title as shoe copywriter. When her nose isn’t stuck in a book, you’ll find her in an antique store or flea market. Photo: stock.xchng