There is more to the game of golf than meets the eye. While a round of golf is a fabulous opportunity to spend time with friends and colleagues, GolfTrainingAndPracticeGear.com points out that golf can also be part of a healthy lifestyle.
Here are a few of the many health-related benefits you could realize at the West Michigan Woman Golf Clinic & Scramble, Monday, May 23, at Boulder Creek Golf Club.
1. On average, you can burn 200 calories an hour at the driving range.
2. One round of golf has the same health benefits as a 45-minute fitness class.
3. Golfing an 18-hole course while carrying your own bag burns 721 calories. With a caddy, you burn 613 calories.
4. Riding in a cart, golfing an 18-hole course burns 411 calories.
5. An 18-hole round is compared to a 5-mile walk.
Join us on the course and get in your 10,000 steps while meeting new people and bolstering your golf skillset!
Click here to learn more about the 2016 West Michigan Woman Golf Clinic & Scramble.
Written by Lisa Stickler, staff writer for West Michigan Woman magazine.